This recipe was birthed out of a very serious pasta craving and scrounging my fridge for ingredients to throw in. The result was so fresh, so simple, so elegant, only 7 ingredients and absolutely devoured by meat eaters and vegans alike! BAM!
- 1 bag of pre-washed spinach
- 2 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil (1 1/2 for pasta, 1/2 tbsp for pine nuts)
- 1 large tomato
- 7 cloves of garlic - minced
- 1 package of vegan pasta of choice
- 1 cup of pine nuts
- 1 lemon
1. Fill a large stove-top pot with water and bring to a boil. Add pasta and set timer according to package instructions.
2. Heat 1/2 TBSP of extra-virgin olive oil in a pan and once hot - add 1 cup of pine nuts. You really need to watch the pine nuts as you want them to be slightly browned - but they burn easily. Should take about 5 minutes - but be sure to toss often. Once done - set aside.
Once they look like this - they are done! Be sure to toss often and keep an eye on them.
2. Mince the garlic, dice the tomato and roughly chop the bag of spinach.
3. Heat the remaining 1 1/2 TBSP of olive oil and once heated add the minced garlic first, toss for about 45 seconds and then add in the tomato and the spinach. Toss on low heat until timer rings for pasta. The spinach should be wilted and the mixture should have a liquid texture from the tomatoes.
4. Drain the pasta and toss with the tomato/spinach/garlic sauce.
5. Serve in bowls with a heaping spoonful of pine nuts on top and 1/4 of a lemon squeezed over the top. Enjoy!
I love to hear from you! If you try out this recipe please send me a tweet or a pic via instagram @wayfaretrail .
Love you all so much!!