Oh my. I was having a serious craving for Chinese food the other day... and decided to get creative. Isn't it the best feeling when you start playing around in your kitchen and out comes an AMAZING meal? I tested this recipe out on some meat-eaters in my family, and they gave it a huge thumbs up. WIN!
SWEET & SALTY VEGAN ASIAN "BEEF"
- 1 package of Gardein Beefless Tips
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves - minced (or 3 tsp of prepared garlic from a jar)
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp hemp hearts (optional)
- In a stove-top pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil on medium heat. Once the pan is hot - add the package of Gardein Beefless Tips.
- Toss the Beefless Tips in the oil until they are tender, and then mash the beefless tips into very small chunks using a spoon or spatula. Add the garlic and toss on medium heat for 5 minutes, continuously breaking the tips into small pieces.
- Add the Soy Sauce and Maple Syrup, and toss until the liquid is all absorbed and the beef has a sticky texture. About 5 minutes.
Serve immediately on rice with your favourite side of green veggies and top with hemp hearts for added protein and healthy fats! A hearty, delicious, cruelty-free comfort food on your table in less than 20 minutes. YUM!
Ever wonder what exactly to eat to lose weight on a plant-based vegan diet? I post what I eat every single day on my Instagram stories! Follow along <3
Love y'all sooooo much!