There are many reasons I am obsessed with smoothie bowls.
- They pack in tons of fresh, raw nutrients
- They taste delicious as shit
- They are 1000x better than a fruit salad
- And of course... they double as an art project...
That my friends... is winning.
I threw together this amazing smoothie bowl this morning - I was craving a smoothie bowl for breakfast (classic...) and I had way too many blueberries so....out pooped this beauty. My energy was also a little low so I wanted to add some additional fats, so I went for nuts, nut butter and coconut toppings for this guy. It turned out kinda pretty... if I do say so myself.
Here is the recipe folks! You're welcome.
SUPERFOOD BLUEBERRY SPINACH SMOOTHIE BOWL
- 1 heaping cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 large handful of spinach (feel free to put in more... the blueberries/banana completely cover the taste)
- 1 TBSP flaxseed meal
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 TBSP maple syrup (optional - for sweetness)
- 1 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk (or dairy-free milk of choice)
- Toppings of choice. I used: coconut flakes, granola, natural peanut butter & walnuts.
- In a high powered blender (I use a Ninja) or food processor, combine blueberries, banana, spinach, chia seeds, flax seed meal and maple syrup. Add your almond milk, starting with one cup, and blend. You want this to be extremely thick... so add liquid a little bit at a time, stopping the blender every 20 seconds or so to scoop the sides of the blender into the middle.
- Once fully blended, spoon into a large bowl. Now have fun. My absolute favourite morning ritual is making my smoothie bowl look as fabulous as possible with my toppings. And then having my husband say "Fancyyy" while he steals bites. I sprinkled coconut flakes, granola and walnuts on top and finished it with a dollop of natural peanut butter. The peanut butter on the smoothie bowl tasted great - so I highly recomend!
This serves 1 if you enjoy ridiculously large portions (like me). It will also serve 2 in smaller bowls.
Ever wonder what a plant-based vegan eats to lose weight? I post every single meal I eat in my Instagram stories! Follow along :)
Love you guys!! xxoo